What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is promoting products and services from other businesses and earning small commissions on your leads and sales.
The benefit of making money with affiliate marketing is that you don’t have to spend hours creating your own products to sell.
If you shop at a store a lot and you find yourself sharing great deals with your friends check to see if that store has an affiliate program. Chances are they do, and you can earn each some money each time you share a product that you love.
How do you start a successful affiliate marketing business?
Step 1: Get web hosting and e-mail marketing!
Social media platforms can change their rules at a drop of a dime and prevent you from sharing affiliate links. That’s bad news for your business.
When you purchase hosting and e-mail marketing software you’re the owner, and you make the rules!
- Get SiteGround at 70% off today that as little as $3.95 a month. Your small investment in hosting can make you a 6-figure income. They have competent customer service and will walk you through the whole process.
- Get MailerLite and start building your e-mail list for free today. They’re user-friendly and have beautiful templates to help you stay connected to your audience. Your e-mail list is your goldmine.
Step 2: Promote your product!
You can become an affiliate for anything that you can think of like books, software, clothes, furniture, art, etc.
To be successful you need to identify what your audience is looking for and provide them with something of value.
If you run a blog about dogs don’t promote cat stuff. I know what you’re thinking, common sense, right? Yes… I know but it had to be said.
To increase earning potential promote your affiliate products and services:
- In every blog post. You can seamlessly insert them into a paragraph as you mention a product.
- In e-mail blasts. If there’s a promotion for one of your affiliate products you can send an e-mail out to let your subscribers know about the deal.
- On social media. Let your followers know about your new blog review, or share your affiliate link directly to the platform.
* Don’t forget that you need to disclose by law that your promoting affiliate links.
Tip: People have found a lot of success promoting on Pinterest via Tailwind and BoardBooster. Get in on the action but don’t focus all of your efforts in one area, unless it’s your blog and e-mail list.
How to increase your income with affiliate programs:
Invest in your affiliate marketing business:
- Get The Copywriters Handbook by Robert Bly now! It’ll teach you everything you need to do from writing a headline that sells, to writing a blog post that sells.
- Or if you’re not big on reading and you have $200 to spare, get the course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. You’ve probably heard about it already.
In a nutshell, here are some takeaways from the above resources and how-to be successful with promotions:
- Write headlines that convert to traffic. The more traffic you get, the more income you’ll make. Keep your blog and pin headlines clear, concise, and to the point.
- Write valuable content. How-tos, tutorials, reviews, and lists are some of the most successful ways to promote affiliate products.
- Keep the focus on your audience. Your article should be about your audience not about you. No one cares how you used something. The reader wants to know how they can use the product and make it work for them.
- Be clear and concise. Keep your audience’s attention by sticking to the point. No one cares about your dog when you’re writing about affiliate marketing.
- Style your content to increase readability. Use photos, bullets, bold, italic, and underline. And use shorter sentences to break up the copy.
- Write in a conversational tone. Don’t be so formal. Write a sentence like you’d say it out loud. It keeps the content from becoming dull.
- Make your content shareable. Add share buttons to your blog using a plugin like Social Warfare. Let people easily share your content with friends. Let the plugin doing the selling for you.
- Schedule your content. Be consistent with blog posts and e-mail blasts. Choose a day of the week or the month to post your content.
Recommended Tools for Affiliate Marketing:
Here are some tools boost your affiliate income:
- SiteGround – SiteGround is affordable hosting for a new WordPress blog. Plans start from $3.95/month. They have excellent customer service to help you set everything up in less than ten minutes.
- MailerLite – Start building your e-mail list for free. MailerLite is user-friendly and reliable. Create beautiful landing pages to capture e-mails and stay connected with your audience by creating stunning newsletters.
- Grammarly – Use their free version to help with spelling and minor grammatical errors or get their premium subscription, which is jam-packed with features that’ll keep your blog looking professional and error free.
- Tailwind – Save time and schedule your pins to generate thousands, even millions, of visitors in traffic to your blog. Plus get access to Tailwind Tribes for even more reach and traffic.
- BoardBooster – Automate your Pinterest board by looping and scheduling your pins alongside Tailwind. Generate even more traffic with less work. Sign up now and get your first 500 pins for free.
- Social Warfare – Adds a responsive, sleek, and non-intrusive share bar to each blog post. Content needs to be easy to share, and Social Warfare makes it easy.
Huge list of Affiliate Programs:
Remember if a product is good it’ll sell itself. Share products that you use, trust, and that will provide value to your readers.
That’s the key to successful affiliate marketing.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Ebates & BeFrugal – These are websites that allow you to earn cash back while shopping online. They also pay you between $10-$25 per person you refer plus bonuses. Once your referral makes $10 in cash back, you get your commission.
- SiteGround – Affordable web hosting that pays a bounty of $50-$100+ per referral.
- ShareASale – Is an affiliate marketing network. You sign up and have access to 100s of products that you can promote.
- Grammarly – Earn a small commission for free signups and a more substantial commission for premium purchases. Alternatively, you can refer a friend from your Grammarly account and get one month of free premium.
- MailerLite – An e-mail marketing software. You can earn commission for each referral by setting up an affiliate profile or get credits towards your MailerLite e-mail subscription.
- Pluralsight – Helps people gain the skills they need to enter the technology work market. Learn skills and earn a six-figure income by taking courses. You can sign up to become an affiliate through ShareASale.
- Amazon Associates – Share products from Amazon and earn a small commission on any purchases made through your links.
More affiliate networks and programs:
Affiliate Network: You sign up for a network to have access to multiple affiliate programs. The programs all pay you through the network. You can manage your affiliate programs in your network dashboard. Signing up for a network like FlexOffers makes it easy to manage 100s of programs with one login.
Affiliate Program: You sign up directly to the individual store or service that has the affiliate program instead of signing up through a network.
|Best Buy||Electronics Store|
|Forever 21||Fashion Retailer|
|Newegg||Technology, cameras, hardware, software, computers|
|SiteGround||Web Hosting, Cloud Hosting|
|WP Engine||WordPress hosting|
|Treehouse||Learning platform, technology, coding|
|Pluralsight||Learning platform, technology, coding|
|Udemy||Learning platform, technology, coding, design, marketing, academics, language, and more|
|Kobo||e-books, audio books, e-readers, accessories|
|Dollar Tree||Discount store, single price store|
|Audiobooks.com||Audiobooks, books, reading|
|Ralph Lauren on FlexOffers' network.||Clothing, Fashion, apparel, luxury and designer men's and women's clothing, kids' clothing, and baby clothes|
|IHG on FlexOffers' network.||Hotel Booking Site|
|Rosegal on FlexOffers' network.||Clothing, Fashion, apparel, dresses, swimwear, accessories and jewelry and other vintage styles|
|Mailbird Pro on FlexOffers' network.||fashion brands on Women's and Men's Clothing, Accessories, Jewelry, Beauty, Shoes and Home Products.|
|Swagbucks on FlexOffers' network.||Rewards app and website, make money online|
|Hulu on FlexOffers' network.||beauty, makeup, skincare, bath & body, fragrance, hair, fashion, home, children's and men's products.|
|Avon on FlexOffers' network.||beauty, makeup, skincare, bath & body, fragrance, hair, fashion, home, children's and men's products.|
|PortBlue on FlexOffers' network.||Hotels & Resorts
|Barnes & Noble on FlexOffers' network.||bookstore for books, NOOK ebooks & magazines. Shop music, movies, toys & games, too.|
|Newegg.com on FlexOffers' network.||computer products, laptops, electronics, televisions, digital cameras, cellphones, and more|
|Bowflex on FlexOffers' network.||home gym, fitness|